- Set your alarm half an hour before the kids wake up. Make yourself a coffee, read your book, do whatever YOU want to do. Psychologically this makes a huge difference to start the day in control – when your kids wake up you’ll be ready for action
- Shut the door! When you go to the bathroom, shut the door. Lock it if you can
- Have a date night once a week. Get a babysitter and get out the door – you’re a great mummy, and a great wife/partner/friend too
- Get a slow cooker – you get back home after an intense afternoon and this will trick you into thinking that somebody else has done the cooking
- Always, always, always carry snacks (enough for you and kids) and a sticker book with you
That’s just five, there are loads more – tell us your top tips too!